Friday, April 18, 2008

Movin' Out

My arms officially hate me right now. Just needed to mention that. I've never been a big fan of push-ups (and, in case I need to clarify on this as I did for my roommate, I don't mean push-up bras or push-up ice cream--she really asked me which one I meant by push-up, and she's an exercise science major!), but I know that they're good for me. I started getting back into a running habit a little while ago, but that was doing nothing for my upper body flab, so I (reluctantly) added crunches and push-ups to my workout routine a few days ago. And of course, everybody knows this--it takes a couple days for the pain to start in. And it started yesterday. My arms hate me for putting them through this torture. Good thing I don't do any heavy lifting at work, because then I would probably drop everything I'm supposed to lift. ugh.

So I've got one more week left at my current apartment, and I can't believe it's come up this quickly. Next weekend I'll move into a duplex with Esther, and I'm looking forward to it. I don't think we'll kill each other. You know those horror stories where you move in with your best friend and you end up hating each other? I'm hoping that's not the case with me and Esther, because that would be tragic. However, I spend half my time at her apartment already and lost my "guest" status there awhile ago, so I think we have at least some idea of what it will be like to live together. Hopefully it'll work out well. I'm pretty excited for it.

My cousin Steve has been in Utah this week, so a few of us got together on Tuesday evening for some catch-up (he got back from his mission just a little while ago, so none of us had seen him) and food and Cranium. It was pretty hilarious to listen to Austin attempt to hum "Eye of the Tiger" and see how mad Kathryn got when Steph and I couldn't figure out "American Idol" from her clay sculpture. I think Dane and Brett mostly just sat there, not knowing what the heck to guess. The most disappointing time for my team was when it finally clicked for Steve who sang "Like a Virgin" right at the buzzer. My family's a little bonkers when it comes to any kind of competition.

So now I get to sort through all my stuff and get rid of everything that I don't really use and is a waste for me to move from place to place. I guess that's kind of a good thing about moving, starting a little fresher, at least. As it is, I still will probably keep things that I don't really need. But I'm determined to stick to my guns and at least make a significant dent in my closet. And then there's the inevitable cleaning fun. Let's see if my roommates even attempt to do anything (the bathroom would not have been cleaned in the entire eight months I've lived here if it had been left up to the two of them. gross). Good luck to me. Fortunately, I've been cleaning on a regular basis since the beginning of the year, so it shouldn't be too awful.

Today's inspirational thought: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid of misinformed beholder a black eye." -Miss Piggy

With affection and alliteration, Me.

No comments: