Thursday, November 12, 2009

Life is Such a Chore When It's Boring

I think I've made it pretty clear that I love my family. I love my family a lot. I also love my friends a lot. So this is no reflection on them or how I feel about them. Really. But, dang it all, I'm tired of suffering from this same malady! And what is the malady, you may inquire? Well, I don't know if it's really a viable disease, but I have christened it "Baby Blogger Envy". And it's not for the reason that I'm still single and most of my family and several of my friends are married and have children (or soon will). It's not envy for that. Okay, maybe a little, but the real reason I suffer from this disease is because they have an easy source of subject matter and pictorial evidence for their blogs: babies. Babies, babies, and babies! They're cute, they're photogenic, they cause havoc in our lives, so really, they are an obvious subject for my family and friends. I don't blame them one bit for writing about these little children. And I'm glad for the updates, especially from my family. I just don't exactly have the same luxury as they do when updating my blog.

I have become known as Boring Blog Megan! Because I do things where pictures aren't allowed to be taken, like go to King's Singers concerts, or where I have absolutely no desire to take pictures, like a typical office workday where I spend my life eight hours a day, five days a week. So that's it. I'm tired of the "not enough pictures" comments. I may not have babies, but I am going to take pictures. I am going to do things that are blog-able, because I wish to overcome the "Baby Blogger Envy" that invades my senses every time I see a picture of Jack or Ellery or Isaac (or the other little children that now grace the lives of those i love). Dang it all, I will no longer be Boring Blog Megan! I declare myself free from this nasty nickname and depressing disease (ooh, alliteration!).

I ate ice cream today. It was delicious. Coldstone generally is. I saw Kim today, whom I have not seen since June. It was wonderful. Seeing Kim generally is. There. That was terribly interesting, was it not? (snicker, chortle, chortle)

We had a roommate reunion at Esther's a couple weekends ago, which was excellent, as always, so we took every opportunity we could to document the occasion. Good times, all.

As ever, me and my gals

The Colemans . . . ah, the times they share

Trying to set up the shot. Is it working?

Happy People!

-Me

"Someone's boring me. I think it's me." -Dylan Thomas

3 comments:

hr said...

Boring Blog Megan? Who would say a silly thing like that?

Henry David Thoreau said...

You think your life is boring: try living by a pond for two years...

Cami said...

I do not find your blog boring, and here is why. You say funny things! i especially like your quote on your heading. I find entertainment in the way you put your thoughts on paper,(paper so to speak) and you are a very entertaing writer!! For example: "baby blog envy". Thats a funny way to put it!