Wednesday, October 19, 2011

There Once Was a Yodeler

More retroactive reporting: going back to Labor Day! Before that lovely three-day weekend, my pal Megan had written to me to remind me of how much fun I had going to Swiss Days last year, so I managed to persuade Glen to come along this year, and extremely fortuitously, we arrived at the shuttle parking lot in Midway right behind Meg and Mash! The first thing we did was sit and listen to Kerry Christiansen: master yodeler. All of us enjoyed his performance (meg especially appreciated the neil diamond tribute), but Glen far and away was the most excited about it.

You can't hear Mr. Christiansen too well, but toward the end you can at least hear Glen and me pipe in.

After listening to Herr Yodel Meister, Glen not-too-reluctantly followed me around to the various booths as I tried to find something cute for our home. Swiss Days is a fun festival, and I'm glad two years in a row now that I have attended.


Enthralled.

 Meg's reaction to the Neil Diamond Tribute

No sheepdogs this year, though. I decided to forego that in order for Glen and I to have a nice peaceful day off together before he became so busy with school and choir and his calling and work that he no longer had time for me. Woe is me.


 Glen and some of the wares we admired but did not purchase.

And now it is October, and we all know what that means: novelty accessories!!!!! I wore one of my pairs of Halloween earrings the other night when we spent an evening with Grandma Merrell and Glen's sisters, and Eliza (one of glen's nieces) was quite captivated. I LOVE this time of year!

-Me
"I always say that shopping is cheaper than a psychiatrist." -Tammy Faye Bakker

1 comment:

Giovanni Carlo said...

I wonder why He laugh at Neil Diamond Tribute he he when Neil Diamond is so serious artist he he
neil diamond tribute bands