Saturday, January 25, 2014

Far Over the Misty Mountains Cold

It's kind of funny that I now get excited about making trips to Provo, but what can you do? I'm a "small town girl" these days. Well, kind of. A couple weekends ago, we decided to make the trek to see family and visit Costco (and Winco. and do "super secret" birthday shopping for isaac).

The drive was pretty standard (passed a LOT of ice fishers), but as we passed Heber and made our way through Midway and Provo canyon, we came upon some pretty intense mist that was spread out across the reservoir. I really don't think I'd ever seen anything like it, and for the most part, we were not enshrouded in it (at most for about five seconds), but it looked so cool. Totally got me in the mood to sing about the Misty Mountains with dwarves.


Cute little fella out to lunch

When we first arrived in Provo, I texted my pal Kathryn to ask if we could stop by some time during the day, and when she texted me back, lo and behold! there was a party going on! Our friend Heather was being thrown a baby shower as we spoke (well, if texting = speaking), and I was welcome to stop by. So after about fifteen minutes of hanging out at Glen's sister's, we hopped back in the car! Totally great timing on our part, because then I got to see several of my Provo friends in one fell swoop! I love those ladies.


A couple of Glen's candid shots of us; having a good time getting in place.

 There's a good group shot!

After a nummy-yummy trip to Zupa's for lunch (lobster bisque!), we visited Grandma Merrell with Bethany before I left everyone behind to shop. Oh, Winco, how I miss you. And doesn't everybody know it? Costco was our last visit before heading back out. It was a very full day, but pretty good. I shall return.

-Meg

"It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out; it's the grain of sand in your shoe." -Robert W. Service

No comments: