Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Millions of Peaches, Peaches for Me . . .

Time flies when you're having fun, eh? Well, not that time has absolutely been flying by the last couple of weeks; I just didn't realize it's been a little while since my last post. Not that it really matters. Nothing too grand and exciting to report in my life, necessarily. Just keep on living life, and it's going well. I've started to really try and incorporate better habits into my every-day life, and while I still never want to get out of bed in the morning (for purely selfish reasons, like wanting to sleep in), I'm feeling really good. And not just about health habits, either. I realized a few weeks ago that I really was out of habit with reading my scriptures, and that's just no good. I don't really do bad things with my time, but I knew I wasn't doing enough good things, so I made the goal to read every day, and I gotta say, I feel so much better about things. It's great!

This last week, I've been going around and meeting all the new girls who have moved into the ward. Can't remember any of the names because meeting all of them was kind of whirlwind-y, but I'm glad I went with Rebecca (our RS president) to do it. I'm now the Compassionate Service Leader, and I'm excited to be doing something that I will definitely be learning from. I love music callings, but I do like to branch out every once in a while, too. And having this calling will get me looking out for other people, rather than focusing so much on myself, which is really something I need to work on. Our ward is PACKED now. I've played the piano in sacrament meeting the last couple of weeks, and it's absolutely incredible to look out at the congregation and see how much the ward burgeoned with the advent of fall semester. Wow!

Last Saturday, Becky, Esther, and I had another bbq. I guess it's appropriate. We had one in May, so our two bbq's have just been bookends on the summer. As ever, good food, good people. Megan brought her niece with her, and all the girls were ooh-ing and ahh-ing over her. (megan also brought lil' smokies with her, which made me really happy) After it got dark and people were starting to take off, Kelly decided to make an Esther taco with the blanket Esther was using, and he proceeded to drag her around the yard in that state. What a goof. Becky got Lil' Smokies all over her shoulder, which amused us greatly. -sigh-
We love asparagus!

Becky protects the Esther Taco from the likes of me.

I've made peach cobbler twice in the last couple of weeks, and that's always a reason to smile. I love peach cobbler! Peaches are great, and they're especially great this time of year. Yay for harvest time! (and no, they didn't come from a can, and they weren't put there by a man in a factory downtown) I'm looking forward to the end of next week, because I'll be heading up to Oregon with my sister, Kelly, and her children for a week! The drive probably won't be too fun, but I'm excited to see my family and home for a week (and get paid to take vacation! i love being an adult for that reason!).

"Laughter is the shortest distance between two people." -Victor Borge

-Me

No comments: