Man, a while since I've updated. Can't say as I've been extremely exciting, though, so you all haven't missed much since I last wrote. Hmm. What have I been up to? Inquiring minds want to know, I'm certain. So, in no specific order, here goes:
1. Exercising. I've taken up running again since it's a bit warmer out. I hate exercise. At least, I do today. I don't always after I've come home from a run, but I'm afraid that today is a day of abhorrence of exercise. Maybe I should try something fun so I'm not such a hater.
2. Working. Last week I sat in on nine interviews for a paralegal editor to join our team. There's still not a final decision on who's actually getting the job, but it was an interesting variation to break up the monotony of QC.
3. Cleaning. I went to Stansbury Park with Esther last weekend (it's been quite a while since i've done that) to help her clean out her old bedroom closet. It was fun being the unsentimental, toss-this-or-so-help-me task master. Fortunately, except for one item, Esther was compliant with all my suggestions of what to get rid of. Her mother backed her up on the exception, so I think I lost the battle.
4. Reading. I finished Flatland last week. It's pretty short, only about 80 pages, but it took me a bit of extra time to get through it because I had to keep on adjusting my perception while reading to keep in mind what a two-dimensional world would look like. Amazing that this guy wrote it during the nineteenth century.
5. Partying. I had a movie night at the beginning of the month, using Groundhog day as an excuse, so we watched, quite appropriately, Groundhog Day to commemorate the occasion. I still have a ton of ice cream left over from that, too. Have to get rid of it in some other way than eating it all myself. Hmm...
6. Singing/Playing. Started up ward choir again a few weeks ago, so hopefully people will continue coming. Fingers crossed. And as of today, I'm directing the choir for stake conference. According to Jenny, she doesn't "trust" anyone else to substitute for her while she goes to her brother's sealing. Flattering, quite flattering. Hope the stake choir keeps coming, even if it's me directing.
Well, that's a slightly good overview of me and my latest escapades. Sorry, no pictures. For some bizarre reason, I totally blanked on getting out my camera for my party. Too bad, really, considering Jeremie and Sabra came all the way from Bountiful and I was totally psyched to see them and should have collected more souvenirs of their presence than just the bruise on my toe where Jeremie stepped on it. (had to include that little tidbit, considering the incident drew blood, but i just laughed through the pain . . . go me.)
"Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternatives." -Maurice Chevalier