Sunday, February 28, 2010

Yes, We Have No Bananas

You learn something new every day, apparently. Let me tell you what I learned last Sunday from my mother. Traditionally, you don't frost the sides of a German chocolate cake! I couldn't believe my ears when she informed me of this, and then I thought, "Well, too late now," because I had already put together Lisa's birthday cake, which was a German chocolate cake, all covered in pecan coconut frosting. Fortunately, I was not the only one ignorant of this "tradition", and Lisa didn't mind one bit that the cake was the way she wanted it. I don't think anybody else that partook was particularly miffed about my oversight, either.

Mmm, time for cake. Katie helps me dish it out.

Just trying to prove that Trevor was there, phone and all.

Happy birthday to Lisa!

Freddy and Sadie

Me and Sharalyn

Julia likes to goof off

I know I already got Lisa, but I thought this was a good pic

And let me tell you what I learned today: food is important. Valuable lesson to learn. The last two Sundays have ended up being kind of crazy days for me because of my two choirs and the things I am doing between them and all. Last Sunday, however, I still made the time to eat a couple of good, decent, square meals. Today . . . not so much. I ate a banana before church (and i have church at 1:30, so that ended up being my breakfast and lunch . . . bad!), and then between choir times when I was trying to figure out some fun ideas for "The Spirit of God", I ate a handful of chips and drank some water. Not exactly healthy. Bad decision. Totally felt gross. It wasn't until I got home from ward prayer with Lisa around nine o'clock that I ate something even resembling a full meal, and that was a bowl of oatmeal squares. (mmm . . .) So, yes. Food is important. Do not neglect your meals, people. You will be miserable if you do.

-Me

"Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water." -W.C. Fields

1 comment:

Jay said...

I love oatmeal squares :)