Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Always There to Be My Guy

There's a new man in my life. He likes to travel around, always has a smile on his face, and is a pretty sharp dresser. Allow me to introduce him. Clyde.


Okay, he hasn't really got much of a personality, but he always makes his way back to me. Beats me how he does it, though, considering he can't exactly move his feet. Clyde was introduced into our office a couple weeks ago during our Spirit Week, and it's become a running joke to wonder where he's going to turn up next. He's made it quite often into my cubicle, though, thanks to a caring (or is it meddling?) boss who thinks I don't meet enough guys.

Clyde actually has scared a few people in the office, because most of his head is taller than the cubicle walls, so some people, when not looking closely, have been startled by him. I guess I can understand that, but the first morning he showed up in my cubicle, it didn't faze me at all. Maybe that's why he always ends up back with me, because I really don't mind his presence.

But I think this is even more proof that I need to get myself a real man.

-Me

"My husband gave me a necklace. It's fake. I requested fake. Maybe I'm paranoid, but in this day and age, I don't want something around my neck that's worth more than my head." -Rita Rudner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dunno, he's pretty good looking... maybe you could convince him find some interests... he may be worth keeping around. :) When I was in high school I had a poster like that of Legolas from Lord of the Rings.. People would always think there was a man in my room when they'd first walk in. Funny. :)
Always love your posts!