Monday, October 11, 2010

Blue Monday

You know you've had a good weekend when you come to work on Monday even more tired than when you left it on Friday afternoon. The only downside? You come to work on Monday even more tired than when you left it on Friday afternoon.

I already said something about this, but I'll repeat that I watched ... a really wonderful movie ... with some gal pals on Friday night. It had been a few months since I'd watched it, and I was most definitely craving it. The friends who came had also already seen it, so we actually spent a lot of time jabbering away while the movie played, only pausing to swoon during significant scenes (and some others in between). Of course, there was also the inevitable laughter generated at my expense as I pointed out the lack of a cravat in a scene and then later when I started cawing like a crow in response to a comment of Megan's.

I looked simply fabulous on Saturday night as an up-and-coming 1930s Hollywood actress/director while attending a murder mystery dinner. (and i better have, considering the effort i went through to find a dress. finally went up to salt lake that morning to patronize a vintage clothing store.) You'd think that accusing seven other people for two and a half hours for the murder of the big-time producer who turns out to be your uncle wouldn't be too entertaining, but I had a lot of fun. Trying to segue into revealing important information as everybody else was doing the same thing was sometimes a bit of a chore, but I was pretty pleased with my ability to do so semi-effectively. And I felt pretty doing it, which is naturally what is most important to me.

(and now i don't have to worry about what i'm going to be for halloween.)

Glen and me in our get-ups.

Sunday evening, I attended a "24 years and older" singles' dinner that turned out to be quite the large affair. The whole point was to mingle and mix, and I met a couple of new people, but I spent the chief of my time chatting it up with friends, all the while resisting the urge to consume any of the cookies I brought with me. (silly sugar fast. is it november yet?)

-Me

"One should always be wary of anyone who promises that their love will last longer than a weekend." -Quentin Crisp

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Looking pretty sexy in that get up. ;) I've always wanted to go to one of those, but doubt I would be any good at it. haha
Love ya! Thanks for the cookies after choir. That was a tasty break my fast treat. :)