Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Chow Down

It was only a matter of time. Last fall/winter I managed to not get a cold. No sniffles, no sore throats, nothing like that. It was a relief, considering the winter before I think I had a cold three different times. (as i recall, all of us who resided in the halfway house that winter were sick quite often.) I guess I was long overdue for a stuffy nose.

I'm going to be bold and blame my nephew for getting me sick. The poor kid was coughing up a storm while I was at my sister's for Thanksgiving. But I'm still glad I made my way to Kelly's for the holiday. As ever, I always forget to take pictures when it comes to Thanksgiving with my family, so no pictures from that. I was there a couple of days, and it was pretty fun. The food was delicious, naturally, and Kelly made a fantastic pot of hot tomato. Mmm.


And now ... bring on Christmas! I witnessed (and helped very little) the ornamentation of the tree and decorating of the house at my sister's before I came back home, where the tree had already been put up by my extremely efficient roommate. Monday night the ward headed up to Salt Lake to see the lights on Temple Square, and while it was bitterly cold, I always enjoy seeing the lights, and this time was no exception. (the experience also did wonders for my cold. ;) )



Now I get to worry about what to give people for Christmas ... hmm. Suggestions?

-Me

"On Thanksgiving Day all over America, families sit down to dinner at the same moment - halftime." -Unknown

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Oh, I'm not picky about presents... ;)