Monday, December 20, 2010

No Al, No Al

December is two-thirds over. Wow. And just when I was getting used to writing 2010 on my checks.

By this time tomorrow, I will be chillin' in Oregon, and I'm incredibly excited for the break. After the last couple of weeks planning all the musical programs for church (and dealing with people canceling and last-minute practices because everybody is always so busy this time of year), I'm really looking forward to going to church with my parents next week simply because I won't have to lug around a bag of music. I'm also especially pumped to not have to worry about going to work for a week. Huzzah!

But despite my relief that the music programs I planned are over, I was very happy with how they turned out. I'm pretty lucky to be surrounded by talented and dedicated people who are willing to share. And then of course there are the treats accompanying all these things. Mmm...

This last weekend was quite splendiferous. Saturday Glen and I headed up north, with a quick visit to a sleepy Esther on the way, to my sister's to hang out and attend Kelly's piano student recital, in which my oldest niece and nephew played. Kelly and I played to finish off the extravaganza, so I'm definitely getting in my practice on the Sleigh Ride duet. (you ready for me, mom?) Anyway, we had a good time listening and then hanging out for a bit. That evening was my ward's Christmas dinner, so I ate some scrumptious food and enjoyed the company of ward friends as we all made fun of the ugly sweaters that people were sporting.

Glen and I exchanged gifts last night, and I am not ashamed to admit that a portion of my gift(s) to him was partly for my benefit. He lives in a very typical boys' apartment, so I'm not sure they've even heard of measuring cups. But now he can measure to his heart's content. (and so can i when i go over there.) And while I gave practical gifts, he gave me a very sweet one: a necklace. Thus marks the first time a boy has ever given me jewelry. I kind of like it. :) (and when i say "kind of", i mean "really".)

-Me

"Christmas is not about being with people you like! It's about being with your family!" -Tim Taylor

6 comments:

Aimee said...

Megan! That's so exciting. You'll have to take a picture of the necklace! Good work Glen. Dane gave me a necklace when we had been dating for a few months! What sweet boys they are.

Aimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VK said...

OOOOooo! What did the deleted one say. You are so cute. Glen is lucky to be able to buy jewelry for you.

Unknown said...

Well, I did have some connections for the necklace. It's not like I'm rolling in dough. She also got me a wallet which I have been showing off to everybody.

Anonymous said...

ford landau lincoln lifesavers mini putt 1968 442 car diecast 1981 charger dodge ram chrysler sales incentives

Anonymous said...

Very good idea [url=http://orderviagerausa.solidwebhost.com/site_map.html]viagera new[/url]