Thursday, August 15, 2013

Baby Love

Isaac update time! Yay! This is what you really want to know, I'm sure.

I can't believe that Isaac's already seven months old. Didn't he just arrive? Glen and I were looking at some pictures from the first couple of months he was around and commenting on habits he had then and I almost chuckled because we're already reminiscing, which makes me feel silly because we're still so new at this parenting thing.
One of his first really good camera smiles

Sure, he knew enough of what was going on to be proud of Daddy

I love this contented couch-throne look

Most people are aware, but we ended up having to do some physical therapy with Isaac for a couple of months. He was favoring turning to the right, so his neck was stiffer on one side, and it also contributed to his head shape getting lopsided. What. Fun. He absolutely hated the stretches we did with him, but he also responded to them quickly, so the therapist was always very pleased with his progress each time we took him in for an appointment. Normally, torticollis takes three to four months of therapy before discharge, but Isaac's case was never that advanced, so he was able to "graduate" after only two months, which was great news for us. He still occasionally tilts and we still make sure he lies on and looks to his left (plus the occasional stretch), but he's been doing great.

He totally has this Elvis lip thing going

What's awesome is how long he sleeps at night . . . on a normal night, at least. He still is driving me nuts by not staying asleep for his naps, but he's been having very good long nights of sleep for a couple months now, and that makes me soooooo happy.

Awwwwwwwwww.....

Super Baby is one of his favorite things

He doesn't roll over for us very easily, but every once in a while he'll do it. I kind of figure he doesn't do it often because he's so darn big, but what do I know? (answer: practically nothing.) He's started to really act interested in moving when he's on his tummy, but he doesn't quite get the crawling mechanism yet. He ends up moving slowly backwards when we do encourage him to grab a toy out of reach. I'm sure he gets frustrated because he can't move the way he wants to just yet. He'll get there, after just a little tweaking. He'll be moving more than I want him to; I can feel it.

He's got a good Daddy

Beginnings of being able to sit on his own

He loves to eat. And he'll eat anything (although we think sweet potatoes are his favorite). Glen and I laugh because whenever we feed him, he gets a very confused look on his face at the first bite (no matter if he's had the food before or not), but then he just opens his mouth and takes whatever we give him and is happy. Hooray! He grabs at anything within his reach, so I've taken to keeping the jar farrrrrr away from him. He gets messy enough as it is.

Cute Sunday suit that he fit in for about a day. Especially that blue shirt

New shades for the 4th of July. Love this one

Speaking of eating, the first thing that anybody says about him is how big he is. And he is enormous! At his latest appointment, he was almost 100th percentile for both height and weight. This kid doesn't fit on my lap at 30 inches! (okay, he hasn't really fit on my lap for a few months.) But everybody adores his chunky thighs and chubby cheeks, and it just wouldn't make sense for me to have a small baby anyway, right?

This must be how Mozart started.

Isaac at this point really likes people. He smiles at just about anybody these days (which charmed everybody who talked to us on sunday in our new ward) and he thrives on attention. He can be in a terrible mood and if somebody picks him up and starts paying even an infinitesimal amount of attention to him, he'll perk right up. Of course, he's always happier for other people than he is for us. He was happy and charming and cute for all the new people at church all three hours on Sunday (prompting a few comments of "he's such a happy/good baby" that made me inwardly scoff), and then once we got home he was a terror until bedtime. Darn kid. I love you, anyway.

Before and after the move. His onesie sums him up pretty well.

I'm sure I'm missing other stuff (like how much he squeals and squeaks and how well he sits and his two bottom teeth coming in a couple weeks ago), but this is long enough already. I'll stop now and possibly check in again sooner than three or four months from now.

-Megan

"Anyone who uses the phrase 'easy as taking candy from a baby' has never tried to take candy from a baby." -Unknown

No comments: