Wednesday, November 6, 2013

We Love Halloween

Every year I'm determined to come up with a Halloween costume well in advance, just in case I hit upon a fabulous idea that takes a little extra time. And every year, that just never seems to happen. Oh, well. A few months ago, Glen and I were discussing possible family costumes, and we came up with a really great idea that we were really excited about. Did we write it down? Nope. Did we remember this fabulous idea the next time we talked about Halloween? Nope. Did we ever remember what this fabulous idea ever was? It may as well be a myth.

Anyway, I was bound and determined that Isaac would look cute, no matter what Glen and I ended up doing (or not doing). I found tons of really adorable costumes online (a dragon one particularly caught my eye, but naturally was a tad pricey). And somehow . . . inspiration struck! I am NOT a creative person in the slightest. I can carry out other people's creative ideas really well, but I don't have them myself. So for me to hit upon a family costume that would have Isaac looking cute and us not going to too much effort for ourselves AND it being fairly topical? This was a one-in-a-million chance.

So I present to you . . . What Does the Fox Say?



 Love this candid pic of Glen

Incidentally, this fox costume was far less pricey than any other costume I looked at online, so that was a plus. And basic white t's for us were pretty cheap, too, so while we still spent some money, it was still fairly economical. Bonus!

The rear view

Seeing as how we're outside of a small town where people are spread out far and wide, this was one of those times that I actually felt like having a trunk-or-treat was actually justified. (usually i'm pretty opposed to them, but that's another rant entirely.) After running out of candy within five minutes (tops) with plenty more children to come around the church parking lot, we closed our trunk up and let everybody partake in the awesomeness of our family get-up. (don't get it? this will help.) We had several reactions from people immediately getting the reference and thinking it was awesome, a few more getting it once they had read our t-shirts and thought for a second or two, and then others who had no idea what it meant but still agreeing that Isaac was an utterly adorable fox.


And they were right.

-Me

"This Halloween, the most popular mask is an Arnold Schwarzenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouth full of candy you will sound just like him." -Conan O'Brien

No comments: