Friday, April 4, 2008

You've Had a Birthday, Shout Hurray!

Yes, yes. My birthday was two days ago. I am 24 now. It was quite good, aside from the boring part at work. It was kind of spread out over a few days, though, because my crew wanted to take my out to dinner, but they were all pretty much busy on my birthday, so we went out to Carrabbas (naturally) last Friday for my birthday dinner with the friends. It was very scrumptious, of course, and I was glad to have the chance to be with them, especially since they bought me dessert into the bargain! My friends really are awesome.


Then Tuesday I got to see Bethany and be goofy with her in the mall for a few hours, and we went out to dinner, as well. This was not strictly a birthday thing; just a "friends hanging out" thing, but because we were just having fun and got haircuts next to each other (we were actually asked if we were sisters! haha), it kind of felt like a fun birthday excursion. Shocking that I would have fun shopping! It did help, though, that we ate in the middle of all this, though.

Wednesday was the day, and I got to see my wonderful cousins! Kathryn took me out to dinner, and after stuffing ourselves silly, we headed over to the intramural basketball game that the other Provo cousins were playing in--and we'll stop talking about the game right there. It wasn't pleasant. Stinking refs.

I was home for about an hour after that, and Hayley and the Tanner 7 guys showed up and sang me "Happy Birthday" with a tiny cheesecake with tons of candles and a bouquet of flowers, but that was pretty fun. My home teachers brought me flowers, too! Woohoo! Then it was back over to Centennial to eat the cheesecake that Esther made me, and I spent the rest of the night over at 123 with them all.

So, all in all, it was a much quieter birthday than last year, when the entire ward showed up at my party and strew confetti all over the courtyard, but it was great, anyway. I got to see and be around pretty much everyone that means something to me (those who are in Provo, at least). I'm truly thankful for everything that my family and friends do for me, because they really do an awful lot.

So, in closing: "Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." –Robert Frost

With affection and alliteration, Megan.

No comments: