Thursday, August 28, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

I keep on telling myself I am going to stop eating out so much, and what happens? I go out to eat three days in a row! But no more. I am making a stand. For at least a week. (that sounds pathetic, yes, but my friends and I have kept on finding excuses to eat out!) Monday night, Esther and I stuffed ourselves silly with Thai food. Very good, but we definitely ate more than was good for us. Then Tuesday afternoon, we had an office lunch for an employee who is leaving. And last night was “Girls’ Night Out” with some friends, and naturally that includes going out to dinner! Naturally.

Actually, “Girls’ Night Out” ended up being really fun. Those of us who went out to eat had a really good time being goofy and weird together, flirting with the waiter (sorry, Mom, I didn’t leave my number with the receipt), and leaving a business card magnet with the fellas at the neighboring table. Oh, yeah. It was a good night for scoping out the guys. Well, not necessarily in the sense that there were a lot of guys worth scoping out, and we definitely focused on our food, but we were in the mood to “shop”, if you know what I mean. Maybe you don’t. Meh. Doesn’t matter. We also watched a chick flick when we got back to Mary and Andrea’s, and half the commentary was about the two very attractive actors in “Sweet Home Alabama”. Who to choose? Who to choose? And all of it was topped off with a stirring interpretive dance performance by Andrea and Beth of a song I had never heard. I can’t fully describe the dance, but it was completely riotous. I was on the floor, crying because I was laughing so hard. That’s the beauty of girls’ nights. Don’t get me wrong. We all know I love boys (when they’re not being moronic), but having a night with my gal pals when we can act completely silly and stupid with each other and laugh until it hurts is quite awesome.

I am grateful today for my musical gifts. On Sunday, I walked into sacrament meeting and there wasn’t anybody playing prelude music, and I immediately saw the bishop make a beeline straight for me. I knew right away he was going to ask me to play the piano, and that’s totally fine. I can do it, and I like it, too. (go figure) I’m glad that I can help out in that way, that I am gifted enough that people know they can ask me to do that. Not that always being asked at the last minute to accompany a musical number is the greatest feeling (believe me, it’s not, I’ve been there), but I’m grateful that I have the talent to do so. Thanks, Mom and Dad!

Quote of the Day: “We rarely think people have good sense unless they agree with us.” –Francois de La Rochefoucauld

-Me

No comments: