Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Variation on an Old Classic

Snow, snow, go away, come again . . . next year for a day.

Don't get me wrong. I like snow. I love to play in it. I even like walking around in it as long as I have the proper footwear. But when it feels like the never-ending snowstorm (i wonder if that would work with the tune of "Neverending Story" . . . hmm) and you pass by a huge white hill in your driveway only to realize that it's your car underneath, that's where I draw the line. I talk as if it's been snowing non-stop for a week, which it hasn't. It snowed a bit Friday night, then we got a break for the rest of the weekend, and then it started up again early yesterday afternoon. Hasn't really stopped since. According to weather reports, it's supposed to taper off tomorrow and we'll get some sunny days, but I'm not holding my breath.

Fortunately, I now have the option to work from home when this kind of thing comes up. (Wait, is that fortunate? Just kidding, if Clint is reading this, which is unlikely.) So today was a first for me. I worked from home. I'm going a tad stir-crazy because I haven't set foot outside this house since yesterday afternoon, but hey, I'm not complaining about foregoing possible death (or at least a really long delay getting to and from work). And also fortunate is that we went grocery shopping on Saturday, so we're not starving as we keep indoors.

But really, it's too bad that Utah doesn't take snow days.

-Me

No comments: