Saturday, February 14, 2009

What the World Needs Now is Love, Sweet Love


My amazing roomies whom I love.

So, in honor of this totally overblown holiday (says the bitter single girl), I have decided to make another list of those things that I love, just as I did last year. So here goes:

1. My family
2. Heavenly Father
3. Jesus
4. My roommates
5. Grover/Douglas/Old Faithful/Compy (all inanimate objects, mind you)
6. My friends
7. Really good books
8. Really good movies
9. The hope for spring
10. Sunshine on snow (because it looks pretty, and it also makes the snow melt)
11. Laughter
12. Music
13. Simple pleasures (avocados, sleeping in)
14. Ways of saying "I love you"
15. Food
16. Mom's annual package of sugar cookies shaped like hearts

Once again, there are several things that could make this list go on and on, but I will stop there to save you from an overdose of sweetness. Clearly, despite my comments of Valentine's Day being an overblown holiday, I am still a big fan of love. I hope to do better at expressing it every day, and not just once a year. (really, it's me, the biggest sap in the world . . . how could i not be a fan of love?)

Crazy people; crazy hair.

In terms of actual events, I still remain a pretty boring person, despite all my hopes to be more cool. However, last week I experimented at Esther's suggestion (meaning, her "force") and made German food! Spaetzle, Rotkohl, a roast; I was a bit nervous about how it would turn out, but it actually turned out well, which was a relief. So Dad's jealousy that he couldn't partake was well-founded (although he paid me back this last week, sending me pictures and texts from him and mom in hawaii . . . how rude).

The German spread
(and yes, i know the spaetzle looks like scrambled eggs)

I also had my Kelly cousins over for dinner on Sunday, which ended up being totally fun. It kind of is stinky of me that I don't do very well at keeping in contact with the family that's even in Provo. So I determined to change that and invited them over, and all was good. Especially when Brett started doing the dishes without even being asked (which is occasionally more than my roommates will do . . . j/k, j/k, j/k!). But good times to be had all around.

Big news on the Megan looks department: I got a haircut last Saturday, and I'm pretty excited about it. I am such a wimp when it comes to my hair, and I don't remember the last time I had it up to my shoulders . . . probably four or five years ago. I still value my long hair, and it was kind of amusing when Alesia (the stylist) had combed out my wet hair and asked me, holding the scissors before the first cut, "Are you ready for this?" But I tell you, I should get drastic haircuts more often! Everyone (well, every girl) in my ward that saw me last weekend at stake conference (which was a fair amount, considering i was an usher for the sunday session) told me how cute my hair was! Boosted my confidence about five levels. Maybe even six!

Before


After!

And now it's President's Day weekend, and I still have yet to figure out what I'm going to do with my day off. Hmm. Must think.

-Me

"I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!" -Tom Lehrer

2 comments:

Kathy J said...

I love the hair!

Cami said...

You really are quite beautiful with both hair cuts!! I am so jealous that you can pull that off!