Sunday, March 14, 2010

Here She Comes, Just a-Walking Down the Street

This is a shock to my mother and most friends who attempted to go shopping with me (key word: attempt) in middle and high school . . . and most of college. I actually kind of like clothes shopping now! Okay, I have my moments, like when I'm winding down from a night of eating too much Indian food and I don't really want to hear the cashier flirting with the customer in front me because she happens to have a French accent. But the real fun is wearing the clothes I've bought and feeling like I look pretty darn good (and friends telling me so, validating my personal opinion helps, too).

So, yes. I took these pictures just so you could see them here. How weird of me. But Mom wanted to see the skirt (even though you can't see the whole thing . . . sorry, mom) and Sylvia wanted to see the shoes.

I'm way excited about the skirt. Why? Because it's a size 10!!! My face definitely doesn't prove my size-10-ness, so you may not believe it, but it's true. When the saleswoman at Express handed this over the changing door to me, saying she'd guessed my size at a 10, I seriously said, "Well, that's ambitious." But it fit and it TOTALLY made my day. I had to buy it just to say I own a size 10 in something. This is a big deal, people. Really. So here's how I look in it (plus the cute little jacket i bought at kohl's on friday night . . . yay for cheap prices at kohl's!).
Okay, I pretty much despise how my face looks unnaturally chubby in this picture, but it was the best one of the skirt/jacket combo. (and yes, i know i need a haircut.)

And on the same trend, I bought these awesome shoes back in DC last May, and I adore them. I don't find much of a chance to wear them, but when I do, I feel a combination of the following two pictures:


So here they are, both off and on.


Needless to say, I feel pretty dang cool when I wear these. Maybe I shouldn't adore inanimate objects as much as I do these particular items of clothing, but sometimes it's the little things in life that make it a little extra sweet. Or in the case of my size-10 skirt and tango heels, a little extra awesome!

-Me

"I base my fashion taste on what doesn't itch." -Gilda Radner

2 comments:

VK said...

You look adorable, and I especially like the combination of overly elated face, and sexy face.
Wear those shoes with EVERYTHING!!

Anonymous said...

How do you walk in those shoes! I love them!
lovenote
mom