Monday, July 19, 2010

Raindrops on Roses and ...

I have lots of favorites. The little happenings that just thrill you, the happy moments, the friends, the random messages, the good news. They make my day. So my day was made a few times this last week.

1. I talked to Carol for the first time in over a year. For having been one of my best friends in school, I've done a lousy job at keeping in contact with her. But she called to tell me she's getting married, and I was uber-excited! I literally cheered and hopped around the room after I got off the phone.

 Kim and Carol ... long ago

2. After enjoying some delicious frozen yogurt at Red Mango, I heard my name called while walking out, and when I turned, I saw it was my old roommate Nicole! What a sweetheart. Although I lived with her for only four months over four years ago, she was a blast to share a room with, so I was excited that she recognized me and got my attention.

 Nicole and me on a roommate's night out ... again, long ago

3. I got to go out to dinner with my family when my aunt Vicki was in the area, so we went to Carrabba's and gave my cousin Steph a hard time while she waited on us. Good food and my family? Yeah, that's worth skipping fhe for.

4. I am safe from having to give a talk in church for a while. Put me in front of a podium for a musical number, I feel fine. I even will perform admirably, if not perfectly. Put me up there to give a memorized line/paragraph/anything that somebody else wrote down at any point in time, I will be great. Put me up there to give a talk where I'm using my own words, I have to pray all day for the jitters to back off. Fortunately, I think it went well, and I'm safe. For now.

5. I finally bought an air popper and a candy thermometer and made caramel corn! 'Twas delicious.


I wonder what it says about me that three of my favorite moments somehow involved food. I'll justify it by saying that each of those times, I had someone(s) to share it with. -cue audience "awwww"-

-Me

"The human brain starts working the moment you are born and never stops until you stand up to speak in public." -George Jessel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your talk was great Megan!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have heard BOTH of my daughters speak on Sunday!
btw, i love the little red puff ball boing boings in your hair.