Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm Sorry ... So Sorry

Allow me to beg pardon. I have yet to learn to contain myself. I've never been very good at abridging myself and keeping stories brief. So for those of you who attempted or succeeded at powering your way through my latest post, I salute you. And I extend my deepest apologies.

I said a few months ago that I would do things that were blog-worthy and shed the appellation of Boring Blog Megan. What I fail to recognize occasionally is that even if I am doing good and fun things, like my trip to Oregon, I need not write about every event. (and i really wasn't lying when i said i condensed, either.) Doing so only manages to make this particular label stick to me like Krazy Glue and I can't ever shake it off.

I do this in my conversations, too. I come away from those wondering why I felt the need to share everything I did, or why I was compelled to talk so much. I don't think I make people uncomfortable (i hope not, at least), but I do have a tendency to dominate conversations when I should be a little more aware of the concept of listening.

So now I make a new goal in a further effort to acquire a better blogging nickname (and to be a better listener in person): I will be to the point, and I won't pummel you all with too much information. Wish me luck.

-Me

"Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of that fact." -George Eliot

5 comments:

rob said...

Just post a few pics of cute girls you know every now and again and I'll be happy...

Anonymous said...

Firstly, I don't think you need to be sorry, your blog is your blog and you needn't cater to the supposed whims and ideals of your readers. I think the purpose of a blog is to say what you want and let people read/comment if they want. Details are fun and if some people don't think so then they can skim. I guess what i'm saying is, as a writer you should feel free to have your own style, be it long winded, short-winded, detailed or vague, write what you want how you want. As for nicknames, how about Blogan?

Jay said...

I enjoyed your last post for its many beautiful photos. And because I got to hear about your trip home (even though I did do some skimming). I was never once bored or perturbed by the length of your post. You have never been "Boring Anything Megan" as far as I'm concerned.

"Blogan" is okay as a nickname. But I'm decidedly in the "Blegan" camp.

Eric said...

Megan? Talk too much? Never...

Just kidding. Always entertaining to read your posts!

Nathanael said...

You already know what I think... :)