Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Physical

Before the last couple of weeks, I hadn't watched the Olympics so much since the Salt Lake Games ten years ago. (goodness, it was over ten years ago!) I have to say, I was one of the people who was truly annoyed with the NBC coverage, but I didn't really have another alternative, so NBC and I spent some evenings together.

I am constantly amazed by human beings. As I sit and watch TV, there are people out there stretching their limits and seeing just how far these amazing bodies can go! I'm very glad that I had a childhood instead of a gymnastics career (that would be over long before i reached the age i am now), but wow!!!

I loved cheering on gymnast Gabby Douglas in her all-around gold, to say nothing of seeing the U.S. team gold performance. I loved watching the people who were truly thrilled to win silver or bronze, because I couldn't help but be a little bit annoyed at those who cried over getting the silver medal at the FREAKING OLYMPICS. (good example of happy silver/bronzers: Dawn Harper and Kellie Wells in the 100 m hurdles.) I loved watching South Africa's Oscar Pistorius historic runs, mainly because I would fall down just walking on those prosthetic legs, and he RUNS on them! And FAST! I loved seeing Missy Franklin's enormous grin, the parents in the stands, and just the sheer awesomeness of these Games.

I'll tell you the most underwhelming part of the Games for me: the Opening and Closing ceremonies. I think my over-all impression of them was that they were a rock concert catering to a very specific demographic, and how many people were going to truly enjoy them? There were definitely highlights: The James Bond opening, Rowan Atkinson, giant Voldemort, Eric Idle, Glen discovering that I can sing along to the Spice Girls . . . but in hindsight I'm not sure that it was worth it for me to watch them because on the whole, I didn't enjoy them. That's kind of sad. I'm sure plenty of people did, though, so good on them. (were the ceremonies this long before they were televised? just curious.)

Certain images of past Olympics stick with me: Kerri Strug's final vault in Atlanta, bringing in the American flag from Ground Zero during the Salt Lake Opening ceremony, Michael Phelps' eighth gold medal in Beijing. What will stick with me from this one? Only time will tell.

-Me

"Finishing second in Olympics gets you silver. Finishing second in politics gets you oblivion." -Richard Nixon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your meganvictoria.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com