Tuesday, January 1, 2008

For Auld Lang Syne

Happy New Year, everyone! So strange to think that we're in the year 2008, but hey, time flies. I am determined that this is going to be a good year. Hope you all have determined the same thing. The last couple of weeks have been pretty great with the holiday season and family stuff.

On the 22nd, my cousin Adam got married in Utah, so there was a bunch of family out for that, fun stuff. The loudness of the Kelly clan in small spaces is sure amplified. We got gradually louder and louder at the temple as we were waiting for Adam and Christina to emerge. It was great to have some good times and yummy food with the family for that. Right after those festivities, I drove up to my sister's place in Clinton to spend the next couple of days through Christmas. Sunday the 23rd was Dad's birthday, so we headed over to Uncle Floyd's in Salt Lake for a Jensen family party, which ended up being really cool since it was the first time ALL the Jensens have been in the same room in too many years to count. It was really great to see that side of the family, too, and to sing choruses from "Messiah" was especially a treat.

Christmas was a pretty good day. We got quite a bit of snow on Christmas Eve, but Christmas day dawned clear and beautiful! I haven't spent Christmas with little kids since I was one myself (well, kind of a lie, since we were all together last year, but that was in hawaii, so it wasn't quite the same all-out Christmas morning adventure), and it was really interesting and fun to watch the kids that morning. Although, I will admit, I wasn't paying attention very well during the present-opening because I was so distracted by a gift that my sister had given me . . . how selfish of me. But we had hot tomato, for which I was especially excited, having missed that at Thanksgiving, and some more really yummy food, and Kelly and I played piano duets. It was all in all a good Christmas.

The week between Christmas and New Year's really wasn't too exciting. Just work and the occasional discovery that someone else was back in Provo. Last night, we had a party up at Hayley and Jenna's place. There were ten or twelve people that showed up. We had ham and funeral potatoes (mmm . . . i think the third time i had that meal in the last two weeks), then played Apples to Apples before going outside and lighting a "bonfire" and freezing our toes before the countdown to midnight. My friends and I are kind of weird, but I wouldn't have us any other way. So here's to a new year, everyone!

1 comment:

JohansenWest said...

Hey Megan! I found your blog. I feel like a sleuth... ok, ok, it wasn't that hard; there's a link to it on your facebook page. Still, hi! So how's post-graduate life?