Wednesday, January 30, 2008

We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet

I will take this brief moment to honor a wonderful man, President Gordon B. Hinckley, who passed away Sunday night. There have been so many words used over the last few days to describe his impact on the lives of so many in this world, and may I just add my own. He was a great man, a true prophet of God, and I was saddened by the news of his death because he and his teachings have meant so much to me all of my life. However, this sadness was brief as I recollected the joy he must feel at reuniting with his beloved wife, Marjorie Pay. He lived an amazing 97 years, and while he will be missed, the Church is still true and led by Jesus Christ, and I am grateful for the part President Hinckley played in my life, even though I never met him.

In other news, I have been spending the last couple of days being extremely tired, mainly because I am totally spineless when it comes to being around my friends. I tell myself, "You get up at 5 in the morning!" and yet I stay with my friends until midnight. -sigh- That's all right. Tonight I'll be going to sleep earlier. I was excited to see my old friend Ben last night, who I haven't seen in nearly a year and a half. And there is rejoicing tonight since I didn't have to go back to work tonight for a meeting, which I did last night and the night before. Yay!

I can't believe February is a day and a half away! Wow. Isn't it amazing how time both crawls and flies? How is that possible? But it does happen, kind of like how a house can simultaneously burn up AND burn down. Ah, the joys of the English language. I revel in them. What a nerd. Allow me to leave you with this inspirational thought: "If high heels were so wonderful, men would still be wearing them." -Sue Grafton

With affection and alliteration, Me.

No comments: