Saturday, April 17, 2010

April Showers Will Come, So They Say

I think Utah springs will always baffle me. Always. Last Saturday, I was out playing ultimate frisbee and feeling like I was going to get baked in the sun. Tuesday morning, I was scraping snow off my car once more. That snow was melted by about noon that day, but still. And now we're back to Saturday, and the last two days have been around 70 degrees and I was back out playing ultimate again today. Baffling. But I'm counting my blessings. At least I'm not trying to travel to Europe at the moment. Wow.

Not a terribly exciting week, I'm afraid. Monday night was fun with my cousins at Brick Oven. We had absolutely no problem making noise and chugging down some excellent root beer. Our waiter was most impressed by us. And Thursday night took me up to Midvale with some others in the ward for my friend Peter's birthday dinner. Special occasions are always good.

I mention ultimate because I think it's pretty funny how bad I am at it. There aren't many things that I'll be bad at and still remain happy despite my ineptitude, but I've accepted frisbee-tossing as one my weaknesses (another one is bowling). Today was a big improvement over last week, at least. But I can't guarantee that the upward swing will continue, because today might have just been miraculous luck. Either way, it's fun to have an actual purpose to running, rather than just going out for a jog and cursing my body for not staying in shape when I don't do anything to help it along. ;)

-Me

"The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize that you're not in shape for it, it's too far to walk back." -Franklin P. Jones

No comments: