Sunday, April 25, 2010

Then Comes Marriage ...

... and then there was one. And that one was me. After some good storms hit our area, the weather was kind enough to clear up and produce a beautiful day for Esther's wedding yesterday. I could easily get into what went awry with plans and everything else regarding the wedding and the reception and the luggage (note to self: do not leave open luggage on the floor where your family dog could relieve himself on your clothes), but I won't. Suffice it to say, we were kept pretty busy (and sometimes more than a little stressed) making sure the day was gotten through with some smoothness. But all in all, it was a very good day.

 Jeremie and Sabra love each other

Waiting for our turn for official pictures.
I brought snacks.
And they were sure a hit!

Noah's work with the Easy Cheese

Gotta have a shot of the girls

Yes, Esther's eyes are very wide, but believe it or not, this was the most decent picture of just the two of us.

By the time I got home last night, I was quite exhausted. Happy, but very relieved the day was over. (although i'm sure my relief was nothing in comparison to others who were even more involved with the wedding.) And Douglas (my car, just to remind y'all) was glad to finally have a break, considering he was in a lot of use when I was the errand-runner ... quite a few times. Each wedding I attend teaches me a little something about what I want and don't want, so here's to valuable lessons, such as the idea to just skip the bouquet toss altogether, because I can't think of a single girl I know (especially including myself) who enjoys being a part of that tradition. But congratulations to Esther and Kelly!

On a tiny note of vanity, while participating more in ward sports activities is fun and a good work-out, I can't say as I'm a fan of the bumps and bruises that come in conjunction with that participation. Especially that stinking bruise on my left arm from a collision playing basketball last week. It's the first thing I see when looking at pictures ... grr.

-Me

 "It's the friends you call up at four a.m. that matter." -Marlene Dietrich

No comments: