Friday, April 2, 2010

A Hundred Years to Live

Well, since it's been a little while since I've actually posted something about myself, having dedicated my last three posts to another subject entirely (i will not write out the m-word here), I think I'll write a quick note about what I've been up to while I've got the time, having taken the day off of work. No, I'm not sick. It's Alec Guinness's birthday (the original obi-wan kenobi, for you who are sadly lacking in your star wars knowledge). Which means it's also mine. Which means I don't want to work today. So I didn't. So there. (i can't believe i'm 26 ... man, i'm ol- ... young still.)

I didn't realize I was such a sporty person. I mean, I've played sports, I like sports, and I sure liked gloating over my Kelly family when I was still on top of the Tournament Challenge (holding fast at number 19 now). But I don't remember the last time I was a spectator at an actual game, and last weekend, I was a spectator twice! Friday night I headed up to Salt Lake with my pal Jay to go to a Utah Grizzlies game (hockey) with his sister and her kids. I'm pretty sure my ears were semi-damaged from the noise, but I believe I've recovered.

Then Saturday, while I was out running errands, I was stopped at a red light on Univ. Parkway when I heard a car honking in the lane next to me. My first thought? "Hey, weirdo, traffic isn't moving because the light is red. That's the law." And then I heard yelling from the same car, so my curiosity was piqued enough to turn my head and I was astonished to realize that I was the intended target of the honking! Yay for the Hodgmans! And Steph -- way to recognize me! Anyway, they were headed to a baseball game at BYU and told me to come along when I was available. After a quick stop, I was very available, so I ended up going to a baseball game and spending time with not only some Hodgmans, but some Swensons and Kellys, too! Totally random, but an awesome afternoon with my family. (the weather was great, too, so that worked out well.)

This week has been kind of busy with me making plans and running errands and going to church stuff -- a lot of preparation for this weekend and the events planned therein. But I'm good with busy. I like busy. I'm happier when I'm busy. So yay for busy! I made some fabulous cookies and managed to give them all away, with three exceptions. (those three i ate myself.) I like cookies, possibly a little too much. Darn my feminine weakness for chocolate! Oh, well. At least I got rid of most of them. And with that said, I'm going to get back to my, I mean, Alec Guinness's birthday. Hope you all enjoy it!

-Me

"A friend never defends a husband who gets his wife an electric skillet for her birthday." -Erma Bombeck

No comments: