Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thanks -- Day 2

And the list continues. Today's Thankful "Item": Becky and Esther.

A little before I graduated from college, these two gals came into my life. We'd already been living in the same ward for some time, but we hadn't gotten to know each other until several months had passed. But once we got to be friends, I sure stuck to them. I'd like to say we've been through a lot together, and it's probably true. But I'm sure grateful they've been in my life and been a couple of the best friends I've ever had. I had a blast living with them (even if that sentiment wasn't always shared), and I've loved sharing big and little moments with them.


We don't see each other all too often anymore, which is ... understandable, but still kind of sad. I find myself missing them at random times (usually when work is being dumb), and I'm always happy when either one chats with me online or drops by my place. I could do more to let them know how much they've influenced me (in a positive light, naturally) and how much I appreciate them, but I'm going to stop right now before I get too gooshy.

I just love my girls.

-Me

"A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling." -Arthur Brisbane

1 comment:

Esther said...

Thanks Megan! I'm sure grateful for you too:) We've had great times together-it's almost impossible to think of what life would have been like if you hadn't been there-lonely and miserable I'm sure, so I'm sure glad to have you as a friend:)