Friday, November 18, 2011

Thanks - Day Nummer Achttien

Today I am thankful for . . .

Left-overs.

Most of the time, I think I'm pretty good at getting dinner ready each day (glen could possibly disagree with me on this). It might not be the most exciting or original meal, but I think I pretty regularly get it done. But I have to admit that there are some days that I just don't want to make dinner. Like today. I finished work and then did chores around the house, and by the time I took a little time to sit and read, my body decided that it would rather fall asleep than stay awake in order for me to get dinner made.

But left-overs kept us fed when Glen came home, and a good thing, too, since we had to leave again half an hour later to see "Children of Eden" at the local high school. Left-overs also keep Glen fed for lunch, so I'm sure he's grateful for them, too.

-Me

"Fish is the only food that is considered spoiled once it smells like what it is." -P.J. O'Rourke

No comments: