Monday, November 14, 2011

Thanks - Days Nummer Tretten and Nomor Empat Belas

I forgot to say yesterday what I was thankful for! Oops! Gotta make up for it, right? Here goes . . .

Yesterday I was thankful for . . .

Not being a princess.

This may sound strange, because doesn't every girl want to be a princess? And maybe when I was little, I wanted to be Belle (because she's the coolest disney princess, hands down . . . and i loved the dress), but I think my sentiments yesterday were more influenced by Roman Holiday, because I think it's lame that Audrey Hepburn's Princess Ann couldn't end up with Gregory Peck's Joe Bradley because of her "duty". It's a great movie, but when you really think about having your life out there to be scrutinized by everybody, I don't envy that position.

And today I am thankful for . . .

Chocolate.

I really don't think that needs further explanation.

-Me

"People get so in the habit of worry that if you save them from drowning and put them on a bank to dry in the sun with hot chocolate and muffins they wonder whether they are catching cold." -John Jay Chapman

No comments: