Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanks - Day Numero Kaksikymmentakuusi

Today I am thankful for . . .

Soap.

Glen had to work allllllll day today, leaving me alllllll alone for nine hours. What's a girl to do? For me . . . it's to clean. "Saturday is a special day" was definitely something we learned in my house. There were other days to clean, too, but that was when you cleaned the bathroom and all that extra stuff that takes a little longer. Since we were gone a couple of days this week, I took that phrase very much to heart as I laid out my day this morning.

Besides a 45-minute practice for "Women at the Well" and another 45 minutes or so to prepare my Sunday School lesson, I spent the morning and afternoon cleaning house (and now i can't find it in myself to dirty the kitchen again by making dinner ... but it must be done). I definitely do like things clean, so I'm thankful for soap, that helps us on our way there and helps me complete my checklist.

-Me

"I believe in getting into hot water; it keeps you clean." -G.K. Chesterton

No comments: