Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanks - Day Numero Ventisette

Today I am thankful for . . .

Love.

There are so many ways we can feel and express love. I'm very lucky that I am surrounded by people who are willing to show love for me. They teach me through love how I can do better and feel better about myself. I know everybody has different ways they show love, but each demonstration, no matter how small, is something special -- even amazing.


The lesson I taught in Sunday School class today was entirely focused on love, and we spent a lot of time talking about God's love and how He has manifested that love to us. He gave us the chance to become like Him, He sent His Son into the world so that we can return to Him, He blessed us with the Spirit so that we may follow the correct path. That's just a few things. There are so many more personal experiences I have had that help me know that God loves me. Now the challenge is to show that love to Him and to others (and even ourselves).

-Me

"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence." -H.L. Mencken

No comments: