Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanks - Day Numri Njezet

Today I am thankful for . . .

Happy people.

I admit, I'm not always the most cheerful of souls. Ever since I married Glen, who is always in a good mood, I've tried to be better so he doesn't come home to a depressing person, but I can't unequivocally say that I've always been "chipper". It's definitely something I'm working on.

But I love being around happy people. I've been putting together this program for the Relief Society in my ward, and there are some women who I just love to call because they always sound genuinely pleased to hear from me, even if I am giving them another assignment. After a practice with everyone tonight, I was returning keys to one of these women, and she just smiled and told me how fantastic I was (who doesn't like hearing that, really?). Of course, I think she's a fantastic person, too, and I told her so.

So I came home exhausted tonight after running around a bit and speaking loud enough for everyone to hear me (not too hard) and trying to at least act organized, but pretty happy myself; it's just contagious, isn't it?

-Me

"I am kind of a paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy." -J.D. Salinger

No comments: