Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanks - Day Numero Diciannove

Today I am thankful for . . .

My watch.

Many of you know very well that I highly dislike tardiness. In fact, I've called myself "incapable" of being late. In fact, I'm very likely incapable of being on time, mostly because I show up everywhere early. I had to laugh to myself when our stake choir director reminded me personally today of the time we need to be at the church building tomorrow morning because I am one of probably three people who doesn't need to be reminded of the time or to be there ON time.

My watch is most helpful to me, because I use it very regularly. I know everybody can check the time on their cell phones these days, and I have lived through a time without a wristwatch that I did the same thing. But I had a high contempt for it, because I hated having to pull out my phone and press buttons to light up my phone to see the time. With a watch, it's a quick movement of my arm, and voila! 4:20. Easy. As. Pie.

-Me

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure." -Segal's Law

No comments: