Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thanks -- Day Rhif Pump

Today I am thankful for ...

Cars.

The weather has turned suddenly cold once more (simultaneous feelings of "dang" and "excellent" are present), and this morning I went to a choir practice for upcoming stake conference. Our stake center, where we were practicing, isn't really all that far away ... maybe a little over half a mile. But even a half a mile of walking would have made me very unhappy unless I really bundled up (which of course i didn't because i wanted to sleep as long as possible).

Enter Neville the Altima. (yes, i still name cars.) While my destination was too close for the car to significantly warm up, at least it cut my travel time by a goodly amount. So ... cars keep you warm and get you places faster. Both excellent points for which I am very grateful.

Gee, I would have been a terrible pioneer.

-Me

"Travel is only glamorous in retrospect." -Paul Theroux

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Pioneer children sang as they walked...