Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanks - Day Number Twenty-Four

Thursday I was thankful for . . .

Food. Lots and lots of food.

There are a lot of other things not-so-superficial that I was expressing thanks about at the table I was sharing with my husband and parents, but right now, I'm going to say that Thursday I was thankful for all the food.

All the family who joined us for the day just insisted on bringing more food than Kelly probably expected to appear, and once they did, I wondered why I bothered to make a salad (we had LOTS of those). But with twenty of us all in one place, I was grateful that a meal was what brought us together for the day. It was crazy for my sister, who only wishes on one day in the year that she had a double-oven, but it all worked out and was delicious. What a great day.

-Me

"Even though we're a week and a half away from Thanksgiving, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas." -Richard Roeper

No comments: