Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanks - Day Stevilka Petindvajset

Yesterday I was thankful for . . .

My parents.

I am so lucky to have two amazing people to be my parents. How I got so blessed, I don't know, but thanks be that I've got them. They have always been so supportive and encouraging, and I'm even grateful that they punished me when necessary, to let me know the the difference between right and wrong. I'm sure I've still given them a good share of worries, but I hope those days are fewer and farther between (and especially hoping that those worries aren't because i'm being dumb).

While at my sister's for Thanksgiving, I got to sing with my parents, sister, and husband (christmas music, but hey . . . we were really close to being past thanksgiving), and that is one of my favorite things to do with my family -- make music. It really was what my sister and I were most looking forward to for the couple of days we would all be together. I'm pretty lucky that both my parents are musical and that they passed that gift to me and my siblings. I'm thankful that they taught me how to clean, how to cook, how to read, how to think, how to be a better person.

My parents are just . . . darn cool.

-Me

"My parents only had one argument in forty-five years. It lasted forty-three years." -Cathy Ladman

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You're pretty darn cool yourself! And....we punished you?? (that's kinda like.... "I have a mole"?
loveyou

the hills said...

you totally lucked out. :)