Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanks - Day Sayi Yirmi Uc

Today I am thankful for . . .

My grandparents.

Talk about amazing people. My Grandma/Grandpa J. have both passed away, but I sure am grateful for the time I got to spend with them, which was a fair amount, since we lived about fifteen minutes away from them. Unfortunately, it was a definite case of "I didn't know how good I had it until I didn't have it anymore", because I don't think I appreciated them enough while they were both around. But they were both strong, smart, and wonderful people, and they raised a pretty amazing son to be my dad.

My Grandma/Grandpa K. are still with us, and they have always been eager to support and serve however they can. Growing up, I didn't get to see them as often because they lived in Colorado, but I loved visiting them each summer (despite the long drive to get there). I have learned a lot from them the last couple of years about love. Both of them have had some pretty major health issues, but whenever I see them, I see how sweet they are to one another and how much they want to help each other.

And if you click here, you can see a glimpse of my grandma k. at around minute 6:03 ... she's the especially cute one.

-Me

"The reason grandparents and grandchildren get along so well is that they have a common enemy." -Sam Levenson

No comments: