Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanks - Day Numero Hogeita Bi

Today I am thankful for . . .

My piano.

As has been stated previously, I grew up in a musical home. There was one point that I remember we had two pianos in the house. I don't think it was for very long, and I was pretty young, but talk about wow! So now I can't imagine living in a place without a piano. I did so while I was in school, because what choice did I have when living in dinky BYU-approved housing? But as soon as I could, I got my piano (handed down by my fabulous grandma j.) here with me. What a great day that was.

I've moved a couple of times since having the piano permanently, and while those fellas who have been "coerced" into helping me move it may not have appreciated it, I think the grunt-work has been worth it. (although that could also be because i've never lifted a finger in moving it . . . father's orders.) I keep on bringing up the Relief Society Christmas program I've been in charge of, but it's kind of what's on my mind these days, and I am so grateful that we don't have to scramble to find a place to rehearse when I work with these women because I have my piano with me.

And I can bang out "Bumble Boogie" whenever I darn well please -- that's a plus. (okay, as long as it's not so early or late that i'll bug the neighbors.)

-Me

"Get up from that piano. You hurtin' its feelings." -Jelly Roll Morton

No comments: